Dental emergencies can be very stressful and painful. Our staff are very empathetic to dental pain and know what it is like to be awake all night with a toothache. In our schedule, we pre-book emergency appointments and hope to accommodate you in your time of greatest need.
Dental emergencies are very common and can involve:
- Dental infections due to decayed teeth, poor oral hygiene, suppressed immune systems, malpositioned teeth such as wisdom teeth
- Trauma – accidents, falls, sports injuries
- Toothaches- throbbing, aching teeth from trauma, tooth decay
- Broken dentures, dental appliances
- Broken teeth, broken fillings, crowns – these can leave sharp edges that can lacerate tongues, cheeks and lips
- Painful ulcers
- Gum infections
Please call if you have an emergency as we hope to relieve your pain and discomfort. We will also endeavour to find you a long term solution for the problem. We know it isn’t nice to have broken teeth left in your mouth. Treatment can sometimes be carried out at your emergency visit. At the very least pain-relieving medications can be prescribed. Dental issues and pain can take time to resolve but people feel much more reassured once they have sought advice from our team for how to manage them. We are confident in being able to manage most dental emergencies and are part of our everyday running of the practice.